The Zentrum für Alternsforschung Jena is a joint profile centre of the Faculties of Biological Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science and the Faculty of Medicine. It cooperates closely with the Leibniz Institute for Aging Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute e.V. (FLI).
The aim of the Zentrum für Alternsforschung Jena is to support interdisciplinary research and teaching in the field of aging research with links to the life sciences (medicine, pharmacy, biology), the social and behavioral sciences, the humanities as well as mathematics and computer science.
- Link existing research as well as expand the existing research network
- International visibility
- Creation of an efficient technical infrastructure
- Facilitation of joint third-party funding applications
- Joint publications
These aims are to be achieved through the following measures:
- Close scientific cooperation
- Cooperation with non-university research institutions
- Joint application for coordinated and collaborative research projects
- Joint application, procurement and use of an efficient infrastructure
- Joint promotion of young scientists, e.g. within the framework of a structured graduate program